- How long has hair mineral analysis been available?
- The International Atomic Energy Agency developed the test in 1965. These procedures were designed to test workers for radiation poisoning using hair samples.
- How is the test performed?
- Once the lab receives the sample, it is logged in with its own control number. Then the sample is weighed and placed in different test tubes. Acids -- like the ones in your stomach -- are added to the sample to digest the hair. This process releases the elements locked in the hair matrix.
Once the digestion is complete, only the mineral salts remain in the tube. This is why it doesn't matter if your hair is permed, colored or bleached or whether you used hair spray that day. That stuff is long gone before the actual testing begins.
Most of the elements are analyzed by an induction coupled plasma emission spectrophotometer. (Try to say that one fast! :) ) Mercury analysis, however, is done by an atomic absorption spectrophotometer.
Once the analysis is complete, the results are combined and transferred to a computer. We then send the lab results, the report and your free gift directly back to you.
- Just how accurate is a TMA?
- The instruments the lab uses are the same equipment other laboratories use to analyze minerals in blood and urine. The equipment allows testing in the parts per BILLION range and even lower.
After every 12 samples, the equipment goes through re-calibration and testing. If any one of the tests do not check out, all tests are stopped until the lab personnel discovers the cause for deviation.
In addition, the lab is inspected and licensed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. It must adhere to their strict federal guidelines. Of course, this is only important if you believe there is anyone competent at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- What does a TMA show?
- The hair reveals a world of metabolic events. It can tell your individual metabolic rate, the effect your neuro-endocrine system has on your nutritional state (in other words: what stress has done to your body) and your tendencies toward specific diseases and emotional problems such as depression, attention deficit disorder and hostility, all of which can be affected by imbalances of certain minerals. For example, a magnesium deficiency is closely associated with cardiac hypertension. Increasing your magnesium level can help in preventing this heart trouble. Adequate magnesium can also help in combatting the adverse effects of stress on your body.
A TMA can help with hair loss. It can also help you with other medical worries including:
- Weight problems
- Discomforts of menopause
- Sexual performance
- Erratic emotions
- Toxic metal poisoning (mercury, lead, cadmium, etc.)
- Is the TMA a valid nutritional screen?
- The test clearly shows individual deficiencies and toxicities. But, even more important, it highlights the interrelationships of the various elements. For example, a person may have an adequate amount of magnesium in their body. But, when calcium is too high, a relative magnesium deficiency exists which can and will create adverse health conditions.
- How can a TMA determine exact vitamin needs?
- Minerals not only work with each other, but in conjunction with vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Minerals act as enzyme activators and vitamins act as coenzymes. Therefore, the lab can evaluate your mineral status, which provides some very good clues to your vitamin requirements.
- How do I know what supplements to take and why is this important?
- From our experience, we find people are often taking exactly the opposite of the supplements they need. This is not good for neither your body nor your pocketbook.
- Is this test covered by insurance?
- Only if your coverage includes wellness will the TMA typically be covered. However, almost all insurance companies will pay for a toxic metal screening. They'll probably pay if you think you have been exposed to mercury vapors -- or if someone has been feeding you arsenic!
- How quickly will I see results?
- Frankly, it's going to take time. But look at it this way. You can't turn around a problem caused by a lifetime of neglect in a day or two. If you have severe toxicities, it will take a lot longer than if your levels are closer to the normal range. Cheating on your eating and/or supplement plan will also affect your success.
- Where are the TMA tests done?
- There are 14 federally licensed clinical labs in America that have approval from the Department of Health and Human Services to perform this test. I use the lab closest to me in Dallas, Texas.
- My hair is colored. Or, I just had a perm. When can I have a TMA?
- You must have three shampoos after a chemical treatment before you submit a hair sample. Also, mark the treatment on the TMA submittal form. Perming adds magnesium to the hair. Color treatments add iron. The lab needs to know this to calibrate your results accurately.
- How long does it take to get my TMA results?
- Two weeks.
- Are there any immediate results?
- Yes. After the first three weeks on the eating plan, you should feel a surge of energy. If you've had trouble sleeping, you'll be able to get a good night's sleep. Your skin should start glowing. Generally, you will achieve your goal in the first 90 days after your body gets back into balance. However, some people may feel worse before they feel better. During the first 21 days, your body is adjusting to radical changes in your eating and supplementation habits, and this can be uncomfortable. The best results come from your dedication to following the suggested dietary and vitamin plan.
- How often can I have a TMA?
- The lab will not allow you to have a test any sooner than 90 days. That means you can have the test four times a year. Once you get your body back into balance, once every six months is usually enough.
- Can I get a TMA from my doctor?
- Absolutely. These labs deal exclusively with physicians. My company is the only way a consumer can order the test directly. My customers have told me their physicians charge a lot more for the test.
- What do I do if I have questions?
- E-mail me at "email@example.com" ASAP. If I don't know the answer, I'll pose your questions to the lab. We'll have an answer for you in 24 hours.
|So what are you waiting for????|
To order your FREE TMA kit, Click here.